So you are newly engaged and starting to research wedding photographers, single and lost in a Pinterest wedding planning rabbit-hole, or married and wondering why these young whippersnappers need to add one more thing to the giant list of wedding planning to dos! Regardless, here at Universers, we are so glad you stopped by to learn all about engagement photo sessions, and why you need to make sure it is a part of your wedding photography package!
First things first, what usually happens during an engagement photography shoot? Well, we are inclined to believe that millennials know all about it, but for those still in the dark, it is just a day that you and your wedding photographer have arranged a few months before the wedding to take some professional photos of you and your future spouse. Often, they reflect the style of the couple, include detail shots of the engagement ring, and are posted all over social media for your friends to see!
If you haven’t jumped on the social media bandwagon though, fear not! There are still plenty of other reasons to schedule your session. Check out our top 5 below:
- Most couples never have professional photos taken before their wedding! This means they are left to decorate their space with selfies! Don’t get us wrong, we love a good selfie, but they don’t compare to the quality of a professional session with a high-quality camera, great lighting, and a local photographer with an impeccable eye for their art!
- Practice makes perfect! Posing for photos on your wedding day can be a little awkward if you have never posed together professionally before. Engagement photo sessions let couples get used to being in front of the camera together and give a preview of which poses you like and which ones you don’t.
- Get to know your photographer! At Universers, we believe this is one of the most important reasons for these photos. As wedding photographers, we want to make sure we know our clients and you know us! Doing an engagement photo session allows everyone to familiarize themselves and get used to the flow of taking pictures together. It also enables your photographer to learn more about what you expect on the day of and leads to the most successful wedding photography experience.
- Photos can be used on save the dates, invitations, or wedding décor! Pictures taken during the session are a great way to personalize your wedding. They can be added to save the dates or invitations, or they can be placed in frames around the reception venue (think centerpieces, decorations for the gift or cake table, etc.). Either way, they are sure to add an extra bit of your style to the event.
- It’s time to get excited! Lastly, taking engagement photos is exciting! It is one of the fun things you get to do while planning your wedding. It gives you a break from discussing the budget and allows you to enjoy each other while capturing a bit of your love story.
Have we convinced you yet? If not, keep in mind that many photographers already offer this service in their packages. If they don’t, however, it is usually an affordable wedding photography package add-on because the photographers realize the benefits and want to steer their clients in this direction!